Project Manager - Construction/Mechanical Contracting
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (“MacMiller”) we make buildings work better. As the Northwest’s leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1000 employees across 8 offices – there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers’ expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction – From an architectural 3D model to a completed 40 story urban building that is on time and on budget
- Special projects - Updates/remodeling for existing commercial buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - On demand and scheduled maintenance ensuring tenant comfort
- Building performance - Control systems and automation for energy improvement and minimal surprises
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and it’s because we all share the same Core Culture Values:
- Collaboration – Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication – We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety – Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, it’s an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community – We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation – We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! – Take the work seriously, but never ourselves too seriously. It’s possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Project Manager: This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Project Manager who will work on new construction projects in the Seattle area. Some of our current projects include Rainier Square, Seattle Genetics, and the Washington State Construction Center expansion. In return for hard work and achieving aggressive goals, you’ll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than you’ve probably ever had.
Top 5 things to deliver in the first year to be a hero:
- Schedule and track job progress and provide timely, constructive feedback to personnel concerning projects’ status
- Review design drawings and estimate and negotiate change orders
- Plan and schedule personnel for the project
- Monitor labor and material costs for accuracy through the job cost tracking system, prepare billings, track financial performance of assigned projects, prepare subcontracts, purchase orders, correspondence field questions, and job write-ups
- Direct, manage, and mentor project engineer(s) in their daily tasks and career development skills
The Project Manager role reports to Shawn Havely / Senior Project Manager Team Lead on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have…
- 3 or more years of project management experience in the mechanical/construction realm
- Expertise keeping projects on track, on time, and under budget
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, construction management, or a related field, or relevant equivalent experience
And everyone you work with should describe you as…
- Incredibly strong work ethic
- High ownership
- Very adaptable
- Easy to get along with
And you should be motivated by...
- Watching a big project come together before your very eyes – and helping bring it to life.
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you’ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Where you will work
Out of a jobsite or MacMiller office nearby a jobsite somewhere in the Greater Seattle Area, depending on what project you're working on.
Interested to learn more?
If you’re ready for an adventure, and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation!